It’s likely warm, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you desire to use one of the most useful capabilities of your Ford F 150 , air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a tricky thing to accomplish, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this process, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit triky for novices. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Ford F 150 ? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ford F 150 and to finish we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Ford F 150 ?
The air conditioning of your Ford F 150 operates in a very similar way to that of your fridge, in fact, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 functions effectively:
- The compressor: It is the main element of your air conditioning unit, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as goal, like a radiator, to enable the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it turn into gas and during this transition will produce cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit operates in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Ford F 150 ?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Ford F 150 ? Although this process is simple enough for most of you, it would be a pity not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Ford F 150
There are two kind of air conditioning on Ford F 150 , the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this style of the air conditioning on Ford F 150 is what we could call the basic level. Indeed, it won’t give you access to a lot of adjustments, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can just select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 , you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Ford F 150 , then set the ventilation and temperature of your Ford F 150 .
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Ford F 150
To finish , we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Ford F 150 . Although the approach is very comparable to manual air conditioning, there are some extra options that will allow you enjoy refreshing air with additional convenience. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the opportunity of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Ford F 150 . To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Ford F 150 , you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Ford F 150 .
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Ford F 150
Finally, last part of our content page, now that you learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Ford F 150 , we will tell you some practical tips to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Ford F 150 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Ford F 150 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have detected any unpleasant odours coming from the air conditioning in your Ford F 150 , don’t be reluctant to browse our page on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 regularly, even in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Ford F 150 , do not hesitate to consult our Ford F 150 category.