It’s most certainly warm, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you wish to use one of the most valuable options of your Fiat 500, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, switching on the air conditioning is not a complicated thing to accomplish, but in this article we’re going to take a look at this action, which, although very easy, can be a bit technical for novices. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Fiat 500? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Fiat 500 and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Fiat 500?
The air conditioning of your Fiat 500 works in a very similar way to that of your fridge, the fact is, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 works correctly:
- The compressor: It is the essential part of your air conditioning unit, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main goal, like a radiator, to enable the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform straight to gas and during this changeover will create cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Fiat 500?
Now let’s go forward to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Fiat 500? Although this task is easier than you think for many of you, it would be a pity not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Fiat 500
There are two types of air conditioning on Fiat 500, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this style of the air conditioning on Fiat 500 is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Fiat 500, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Fiat 500, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Fiat 500.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Fiat 500
To finish , we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Fiat 500. Although the process is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will allow you enjoy refreshing air with additional comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. In addition to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the chances of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Fiat 500. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Fiat 500, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Fiat 500.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Fiat 500
To finish , last part of our article content, now that you learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Fiat 500, we will see some practical recommendations to improve the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Fiat 500 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more useful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Fiat 500 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity odors in the passenger compartment. In the event you have noticed any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Fiat 500, don’t be reluctant to browse our document on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 on the regular basis, also in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you need more guides on the Fiat 500, go to our Fiat 500 category.