It’s quite likely warm, you’ve just acquired a new vehicle and you want to use one of the most valuable functions of your Dodge Caliber, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a difficult action to do, but today we’re going to take a look at this action, which, even though basic, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Dodge Caliber? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Dodge Caliber and to finish we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Dodge Caliber?
The air conditioning of your Dodge Caliber functions in a very comparable way to that of your family fridge, the fact is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its state (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Dodge Caliber performs properly:
- The compressor: It is the principal element of your air conditioning unit, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as goal, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this transition will produce cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this system functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Dodge Caliber works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Dodge Caliber?
Now let’s go forward to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Dodge Caliber? Although this manipulation is not difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Dodge Caliber
There are two sort of air conditioning on Dodge Caliber, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most common of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Dodge Caliber is what we could call the basic level. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can just select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Dodge Caliber, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Dodge Caliber, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Dodge Caliber.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Dodge Caliber
To finish , we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Dodge Caliber. Although the method is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some extra options that will allow you benefit from fresh air with further comfort. In contrast to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you often have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which provides you with the opportunity of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Dodge Caliber. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Dodge Caliber, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Dodge Caliber.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Dodge Caliber
To finish , last part of our content page, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Dodge Caliber, we will give you some practical suggestions to improve the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Dodge Caliber which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Dodge Caliber 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have found any unpleasant odors caused by the air conditioning in your Dodge Caliber, don’t hesitate to consult our content page on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Dodge Caliber on the regular basis, even in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Dodge Caliber, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Caliber category.