It’s almost certainly hot, you’ve just acquired a new motor vehicle and you desire to use one of the very useful features of your Chrysler 300, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated thing to carry out, but in this article we’re going to look into this action, which, whilst ordinary, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Chrysler 300? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Chrysler 300 and to finish we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Chrysler 300?
The air conditioning of your Chrysler 300 functions in a very equivalent way to that of your family fridge, in reality, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make sure that the air conditioning of your Chrysler 300 operates properly:
- The compressor: It is the essential part of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as objective, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert in to gas and during this transition will generate cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Chrysler 300 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Chrysler 300?
Now let’s advance to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Chrysler 300? Although this task is not so difficult for most of you, it would be a shame not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Chrysler 300
There are two types of air conditioning on Chrysler 300, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Chrysler 300 is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the possibility to refresh the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Chrysler 300, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Chrysler 300, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Chrysler 300.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Chrysler 300
To finish , we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Chrysler 300. Although the technique is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will allow you appreciate cold air with additional comfort. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to select the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the opportunity of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your Chrysler 300. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Chrysler 300, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Chrysler 300.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Chrysler 300
To finish , last part of our article, now that you learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Chrysler 300, we will see some practical tips to improve the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Chrysler 300 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning function.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more helpful than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Chrysler 300 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have noticed any unpleasant odours originating from the air conditioning in your Chrysler 300, don’t be reluctant to browse our article on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Chrysler 300 on a regular basis, even in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To find more tips on the Chrysler 300, take a look at the Chrysler 300 category.