It’s likely hot outside, you’ve just acquired a new automobile and you desire to use one of the most useful capabilities of your Cadillac XTS, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, switching on the air conditioning is not a complicated thing to carry out, but today we’re going to look into this action, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit triky for novices. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Cadillac XTS? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Cadillac XTS and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Cadillac XTS?
The air conditioning of your Cadillac XTS functions in a very similar way to that of your fridge, in fact, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Cadillac XTS performs effectively:
- The compressor: It is the main component of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as objective, like a radiator, to let the gas to reduce in temperature and come back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it turn into gas and during this transition will produce cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this device functions in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Cadillac XTS works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Cadillac XTS?
Now let’s go forward to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Cadillac XTS? Although this manipulation is simple enough for most of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Cadillac XTS
There are two kind of air conditioning on Cadillac XTS, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Cadillac XTS is what we could call the entry level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Cadillac XTS, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Cadillac XTS, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Cadillac XTS.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Cadillac XTS
At last, we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Cadillac XTS. Although the method is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will permit you enjoy fresh air with even more convenience. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which gives you the possibility of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Cadillac XTS. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Cadillac XTS, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Cadillac XTS.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Cadillac XTS
To conclude, last part of our content page, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Cadillac XTS, we will give you some practical recommendations to improve the usage of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you enter in your Cadillac XTS which has been left in the sun, first open your windows simultaneously as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Cadillac XTS 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have detected any unpleasant smells caused by the air conditioning in your Cadillac XTS, don’t be reluctant to consult our content page on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Cadillac XTS on a regular basis, even in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Cadillac XTS, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac XTS category.