It’s most certainly the summer, you’ve just bought a new automobile and you desire to use one of the best capabilities of your Cadillac SRX, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a difficult thing to achieve, but today we’re going to take a look at this manipulation, which, even though common, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Cadillac SRX? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Cadillac SRX and to finish we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Cadillac SRX?
The air conditioning of your Cadillac SRX functions in a very comparable way to that of your fridge, in fact, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Cadillac SRX works effectively:
- The compressor: It is the main component of your air conditioning unit, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main objective, like a radiator, to let the gas to decrease in temperature and come back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert into gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this unit functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Cadillac SRX works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Cadillac SRX?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Cadillac SRX? Although this manipulation is not so difficult for most of you, it would be a shame not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Cadillac SRX
There are two sort of air conditioning on Cadillac SRX, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Cadillac SRX is what we could call the basic level. Indeed, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation strength and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Cadillac SRX, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Cadillac SRX, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Cadillac SRX.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Cadillac SRX
Finally, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Cadillac SRX. Although the approach is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will permit you benefit from refreshing air with additional comfort. In contrast to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to choose the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you often have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which offers you the opportunity of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Cadillac SRX. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Cadillac SRX, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Cadillac SRX.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Cadillac SRX
To finish , last part of our article content, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Cadillac SRX, we will offer you some practical tips to optimize the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you enter in your Cadillac SRX which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more productive than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Cadillac SRX 5 minutes before turning off the engine to maintain your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have noticed any unpleasant smells coming from the air conditioning in your Cadillac SRX, don’t be reluctant to consult our document on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Cadillac SRX on a regular basis, even in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Equally, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Cadillac SRX, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac SRX category.