It’s likely hot outside, you’ve just purchased a new car and you wish to use one of the handiest features of your BMW X6, air conditioning!
On most automobiles, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated task to achieve, but in this article we’re going to take a look at this action, which, whilst very easy, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a BMW X6? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your BMW X6 and finally we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on BMW X6?
The air conditioning of your BMW X6 functions in a very identical way to that of your refrigerator, actually, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its state (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your BMW X6 functions properly:
- The compressor: It is the key component of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to allow the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it transform in to gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to modify state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your BMW X6 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on BMW X6?
Now let’s go forward to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on BMW X6? Although this manipulation is simple enough for many of you, it would be a pity not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on BMW X6
There are two sort of air conditioning on BMW X6, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this type of the air conditioning on BMW X6 is what we could call the cheap one. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of settings, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can simply choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your BMW X6, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your BMW X6, then set the ventilation and temperature of your BMW X6.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a BMW X6
To conclude, we will discover how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on BMW X6. Although the process is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some extra options that will permit you enjoy refreshing air with even more comfort. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which offers you the possibility of selecting different temperatures according to the zones of your BMW X6. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your BMW X6, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your BMW X6.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your BMW X6
Finally, last section of our article content, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your BMW X6, we will give you some practical recommendations to optimize the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your BMW X6 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning function.
- In the wintertime, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your BMW X6 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have discovered any unpleasant odors originating from the air conditioning in your BMW X6, don’t hesitate to consult our content on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your BMW X6 regularly, also in winter, to keep it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To discover more tips on the BMW X6, take a look at the BMW X6 category.