It’s probably the summer, you’ve just purchased a new vehicle and you want to use one of the best functions of your Audi A1, air conditioning!
On most cars, turning on the air conditioning is not a tricky task to carry out, but today we’re going to take a look at this process, which, although simple, can be a bit triky for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Audi A1? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Audi A1 and to conclude we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Audi A1?
The air conditioning of your Audi A1 works in a very identical way to that of your refrigerator, the truth is, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Audi A1 performs properly:
- The compressor: It is the main part of your air conditioning unit, it controls the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and return to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it convert into gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Audi A1 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Audi A1?
Now let’s advance to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Audi A1? Although this process is not so difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Audi A1
There are two kind of air conditioning on Audi A1, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will begin with the most common of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Audi A1 is what we could call the basic level. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of controls, but you’ll already have the possibility to cool the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Audi A1, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Audi A1, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Audi A1.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Audi A1
Finally, we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Audi A1. Although the process is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some additional options that will permit you enjoy refreshing air with much more convenience. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Moreover to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which provides you with the possibility of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Audi A1. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Audi A1, you will simply need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Audi A1.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Audi A1
To finish , last part of our document, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Audi A1, we will tell you some practical tips to improve the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Audi A1 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning function.
- In the winter months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more effective than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Audi A1 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have noticed any unpleasant odours coming from the air conditioning in your Audi A1, don’t hesitate to browse our content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Audi A1 regularly, also in winter, to keep it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Additionally, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you wish more tutorials on the Audi A1, go to our Audi A1 category.