Our automobiles profit from more and more technologies, generally speaking this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some cons, with it, we find out bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Volkswagen Transporter 6 . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you understand how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated complications you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Volkswagen Transporter 6 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be integrated into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Volkswagen Transporter 6 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its effectiveness is specifically important in an urban environment. Obviously, automobiles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with included starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved variants, your Volkswagen Transporter 6 will even be able to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Volkswagen Transporter 6: Positive aspects and cons
Nevertheless this system has significant positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some cons to having a start and stop on Volkswagen Transporter 6 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Volkswagen Transporter 6. You will too. Furthermore, you will be able to benefit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper car . At last, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Volkswagen Transporter 6. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Volkswagen Transporter 6?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most keen on, how to disable, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Volkswagen Transporter 6? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may desire to disable this system, which can be bothersome or you may experience that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Volkswagen Transporter 6 . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Volkswagen Transporter 6:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. Nevertheless, this approach needs you to redo the treatment every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Transporter 6 is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Transporter 6 is switched on accidentally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In this case, you can disable it by two different ways. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Volkswagen Transporter 6 believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Volkswagen Transporter 6
Concerning the different concerns you might encounter with the start and stop of your Volkswagen Transporter 6 . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Volkswagen Transporter 6. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage area to find out if there is a particular solution. Another problem experienced by Volkswagen Transporter 6 owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Volkswagen Transporter 6 does not work anymore , in this case, go to your mechanic to correct this problem.
If you wish more tutorials on the Volkswagen Transporter 6, go to our Volkswagen Transporter 6 category.