Our automobiles profit from more and more technologies, generally speaking this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but also has some down sides, with it, we discover bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may come across problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Volkswagen Polo 4 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you understand how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Volkswagen Polo 4 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be included into recent automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Volkswagen Polo 4 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is specifically important in an urban environment. In truth, automobiles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved types, your Volkswagen Polo 4 will even be able to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Volkswagen Polo 4: Advantages and down sides
Nevertheless this system has significant positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some down sides to having a start and stop on Volkswagen Polo 4 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Volkswagen Polo 4. You will too. In addition, you will be able to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Volkswagen Polo 4. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Volkswagen Polo 4?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most keen on, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Volkswagen Polo 4? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may desire to disable this system, which can be bothersome or you may experience that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Volkswagen Polo 4 . All these are valid causes to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Volkswagen Polo 4:
- The traditional method: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. However, this method requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Polo 4 is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Polo 4 is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second method you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Volkswagen Polo 4 think that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Volkswagen Polo 4
Concerning the different concerns you might encountered with the start and stop of your Volkswagen Polo 4 . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Volkswagen Polo 4. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage area to discover if there is a particular remedy. Another problem experienced by Volkswagen Polo 4 owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked at the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of problem. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Volkswagen Polo 4 does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to resolve this problem.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Polo 4, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo 4 category.