Our vehicles benefit from increasingly more technologies, generally this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is made to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Toyota Sienna . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you discover how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may encounter with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Toyota Sienna work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be integrated into recent automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Toyota Sienna and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is principally important in an urban environment. Obviously, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with included starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some improved versions, your Toyota Sienna will even be able to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Toyota Sienna: Pros and disadvantages
Nevertheless this system has real pros in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Toyota Sienna .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Toyota Sienna. You will too. In addition, you will be able to profit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . At last, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can go through a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Toyota Sienna. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Toyota Sienna?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Toyota Sienna? .
Based on how you use your car, you may desire to disable this system, which can be irritating or you may experience that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Toyota Sienna . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two most important techniques for turning off the start and stop on Toyota Sienna:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. However, this approach necessitates you to redo the treatment every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Toyota Sienna is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Toyota Sienna is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can disable it by two different methods. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Toyota Sienna believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Toyota Sienna
Concerning the different concerns you might come across with the start and stop of your Toyota Sienna . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Toyota Sienna. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage to see if there is a particular remedy. Another problem encountered by Toyota Sienna owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Toyota Sienna does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to resolve this issue.
To get more tips on the Toyota Sienna, take a look at the Toyota Sienna category.