Our cars benefit from more and more technologies, generally this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its advantages, but as well has some down sides, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is designed to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Toyota FJ Cruiser . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you discover how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Toyota FJ Cruiser work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be integrated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Toyota FJ Cruiser and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its effectiveness is principally important in an urban environment. In truth, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some superior variants, your Toyota FJ Cruiser will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Toyota FJ Cruiser: Advantages and down sides
Although this system has serious advantages in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are on the other hand some down sides to having a start and stop on Toyota FJ Cruiser .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to profit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . At last, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Toyota FJ Cruiser?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Toyota FJ Cruiser? .
Based on how you use your car, you may desire to disable this system, which can be frustrating or you may experience that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Toyota FJ Cruiser . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Toyota FJ Cruiser:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this technique needs you to redo the treatment every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Toyota FJ Cruiser is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Toyota FJ Cruiser is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can disable it by two different methods. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Toyota FJ Cruiser believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Toyota FJ Cruiser
Concerning the different problems you might encounter with the start and stop of your Toyota FJ Cruiser . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your mechanic to see if there is a specific solution. Another problem encountered by Toyota FJ Cruiser owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked at the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Toyota FJ Cruiser does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to correct this problem.
To find more tips on the Toyota FJ Cruiser, take a look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser category.