Our cars profit from increasingly more technologies, generally speaking this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but also has some down sides, with it, we discover bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Suzuki Across . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you understand how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring problems you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Suzuki Across work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be incorporated into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Suzuki Across and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is principally relevant in an urban environment. In actual fact, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some superior variants, your Suzuki Across will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Suzuki Across: Positive aspects and down sides
Although this system has fair pros in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some down sides to having a start and stop on Suzuki Across .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Suzuki Across. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to benefit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper car . At last, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Suzuki Across. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Suzuki Across?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most interested in, how to turn off, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Suzuki Across? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may want to turn off this system, which can be bothersome or you may feel that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Suzuki Across . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Suzuki Across:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this technique requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Suzuki Across is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Suzuki Across is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can disable it by two different ways. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Suzuki Across presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to preserve your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Suzuki Across
Concerning the different problems you might come across with the start and stop of your Suzuki Across . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Suzuki Across. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage area to discover if there is a specific solution. Another problem experienced by Suzuki Across owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of issue. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Suzuki Across does not work anymore , in this case, go to your mechanic to solve this issue.
If you wish more guides on the Suzuki Across, go to our Suzuki Across category.