Our cars profit from increasingly more technologies, generally this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we find out bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is meant to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Renault Kangoo 2 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you discover how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated complications you may encounter with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Renault Kangoo 2 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be integrated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Renault Kangoo 2 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is specifically important in an urban environment. Indeed, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some superior variants, your Renault Kangoo 2 will even be able to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Renault Kangoo 2: Pros and disadvantages
Although this system has real positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are however some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Renault Kangoo 2 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Renault Kangoo 2. You will too. In addition, you will be able to advantage from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper car . At last, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Renault Kangoo 2. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Renault Kangoo 2?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most enthusiastic about, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Renault Kangoo 2? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may desire to disable this system, which can be bothersome or you may experience that your starter is experiencing premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Renault Kangoo 2 . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two most important techniques for turning off the start and stop on Renault Kangoo 2:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this approach necessitates you to redo the treatment every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Renault Kangoo 2 is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Renault Kangoo 2 is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Renault Kangoo 2 believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Renault Kangoo 2
Concerning the different concerns you might come across with the start and stop of your Renault Kangoo 2 . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Renault Kangoo 2. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your mechanic to find out if there is a particular remedy. Another problem experienced by Renault Kangoo 2 owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Renault Kangoo 2 does not work anymore , in this case, go to your motor mechanic to correct this issue.
To get more tips on the Renault Kangoo 2, take a look at the Renault Kangoo 2 category.