Our vehicles benefit from increasingly more technologies, generally speaking this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is made to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on PORSCHE 718 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you understand how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on PORSCHE 718 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be included into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your PORSCHE 718 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is mainly important in an urban environment. In truth, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with included starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some superior variants, your PORSCHE 718 will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop PORSCHE 718: Advantages and disadvantages
Nevertheless this system has real positive aspects in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are however some disadvantages to having a start and stop on PORSCHE 718 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a mainly urban use of your PORSCHE 718. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . At last, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your PORSCHE 718. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on PORSCHE 718?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most keen on, how to turn off, disconnect or take out the start stop on your PORSCHE 718? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may desire to turn off this system, which can be annoying or you may feel that your starter is experiencing premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your PORSCHE 718 . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on PORSCHE 718:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. Nevertheless, this approach requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your PORSCHE 718 is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your PORSCHE 718 is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your vehicle. In such a case, you can disable it by two different ways. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your PORSCHE 718 think that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems PORSCHE 718
Concerning the different concerns you might encounter with the start and stop of your PORSCHE 718 . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your PORSCHE 718. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage area to discover if there is a particular solution. Another problem experienced by PORSCHE 718 owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have realized that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of problem. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on PORSCHE 718 does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to solve this problem.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the PORSCHE 718, do not hesitate to consult our PORSCHE 718 category.