Our cars profit from increasingly more technologies, in most cases this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is designed to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Nissan Cube . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated complications you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Nissan Cube work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be integrated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Nissan Cube and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its effectiveness is mainly important in an urban environment. Indeed, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved variants, your Nissan Cube will even be able to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Nissan Cube: Pros and disadvantages
Although this system has significant pros in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Nissan Cube .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a mainly urban use of your Nissan Cube. You will too. In addition, you will be able to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can go through a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Nissan Cube. you will have to buy or change your battery more generally,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Nissan Cube?
Now let’s proceed to the component you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Nissan Cube? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may want to disable this system, which can be frustrating or you may feel that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Nissan Cube . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two most important techniques for turning off the start and stop on Nissan Cube:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. However, this technique necessitates you to redo the treatment every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Nissan Cube is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Nissan Cube is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not match the use you have of your car. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Nissan Cube believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to preserve your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Nissan Cube
Concerning the different complications you might come across with the start and stop of your Nissan Cube . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted way , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Nissan Cube. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage to discover if there is a particular solution. Another problem experienced by Nissan Cube owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have realized that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of problem. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Nissan Cube does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to solve this problem.
If you need more tutorials on the Nissan Cube, go to our Nissan Cube category.