Our vehicles profit from increasingly more technologies, generally speaking this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we find out bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is designed to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may come across problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Mitsubishi Outlander . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you understand how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may encountered with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Mitsubishi Outlander work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be integrated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Mitsubishi Outlander and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is specifically important in an urban environment. Indeed, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some superior types, your Mitsubishi Outlander will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Mitsubishi Outlander: Advantages and disadvantages
Although this system has real positive aspects in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are however some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Mitsubishi Outlander .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Mitsubishi Outlander. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to profit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . Finally, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Mitsubishi Outlander. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Mitsubishi Outlander?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most keen on, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Mitsubishi Outlander? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may need to disable this system, which can be bothersome or you may feel that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Mitsubishi Outlander . All these are valid causes to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two most important techniques for turning off the start and stop on Mitsubishi Outlander:
- The traditional method: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this method requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Mitsubishi Outlander is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Mitsubishi Outlander is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not match the use you have of your vehicle. In such a case, you can disable it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second method you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Mitsubishi Outlander presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Mitsubishi Outlander
Concerning the different concerns you might encounter with the start and stop of your Mitsubishi Outlander . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Mitsubishi Outlander. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage area to find out if there is a specific solution. Another problem encountered by Mitsubishi Outlander owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of issue. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Mitsubishi Outlander does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your mechanic to correct this issue.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mitsubishi Outlander, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Outlander category.