Our cars profit from increasingly more technologies, generally speaking this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but also has some down sides, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may come across complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Lexus IS . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you discover how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Lexus IS work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be integrated into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Lexus IS and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is specifically important in an urban environment. In truth, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some superior types, your Lexus IS will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Lexus IS: Advantages and down sides
Nevertheless this system has significant positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are however some down sides to having a start and stop on Lexus IS .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Lexus IS. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to profit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Lexus IS. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Lexus IS?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most keen on, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Lexus IS? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may need to disable this system, which can be annoying or you may feel that your starter is experiencing premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Lexus IS . All these are valid causes to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Lexus IS:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this technique necessitates you to redo the treatment every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Lexus IS is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Lexus IS is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your car. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different ways. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Lexus IS believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Lexus IS
Concerning the different concerns you might encounter with the start and stop of your Lexus IS . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Lexus IS. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage area to discover if there is a specific solution. Another problem experienced by Lexus IS owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of issue. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Lexus IS does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to resolve this issue.
To discover more tips on the Lexus IS, take a look at the Lexus IS category.