Our vehicles benefit from increasingly more technologies, in most cases this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Lexus CT . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you figure out how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may encountered with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Lexus CT work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be integrated into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Lexus CT and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is mainly important in an urban environment. Obviously, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some improved variants, your Lexus CT will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Lexus CT: Positive aspects and disadvantages
Nevertheless this system has real positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are however some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Lexus CT .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a mainly urban use of your Lexus CT. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . At last, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Lexus CT. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Lexus CT?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Lexus CT? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may want to disable this system, which can be frustrating or you may experience that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Lexus CT . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Lexus CT:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this approach necessitates you to redo the treatment every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Lexus CT is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Lexus CT is switched on accidentally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In this case, you can disable it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Lexus CT presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to preserve your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Lexus CT
Concerning the different problems you might come across with the start and stop of your Lexus CT . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Lexus CT. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your mechanic to see if there is a specific remedy. Another problem experienced by Lexus CT owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have realized that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Lexus CT does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your mechanic to resolve this issue.
If you want more guides on the Lexus CT, go to our Lexus CT category.