Our vehicles benefit from more and more technologies, generally this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we see bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is made to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Infiniti QX60 . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Infiniti QX60 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be integrated into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Infiniti QX60 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its effectiveness is principally important in an urban environment. In fact, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some superior variants, your Infiniti QX60 will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Infiniti QX60: Positive aspects and disadvantages
Although this system has real pros in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are on the other hand some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Infiniti QX60 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Infiniti QX60. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to profit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . At last, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can go through a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Infiniti QX60. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Infiniti QX60?
Now let’s proceed to the component you’re probably most interested in, how to deactivate, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Infiniti QX60? .
Depending on how you use your vehicle, you may want to deactivate this system, which can be annoying or you may feel that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Infiniti QX60 . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Infiniti QX60:
- The traditional method: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. Nevertheless, this method necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Infiniti QX60 is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Infiniti QX60 is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different methods. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second method you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Infiniti QX60 believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Infiniti QX60
Concerning the different problems you might come across with the start and stop of your Infiniti QX60 . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected way , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Infiniti QX60. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage to see if there is a specific solution. Another problem encountered by Infiniti QX60 owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Infiniti QX60 does not work anymore , in this case, go to your motor mechanic to correct this issue.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Infiniti QX60, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti QX60 category.