Our vehicles benefit from more and more technologies, most of the time this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some down sides, with it, we find out bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may come across complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Infiniti Q60 . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you figure out how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated complications you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Infiniti Q60 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be integrated into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Infiniti Q60 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its effectiveness is specifically important in an urban environment. Indeed, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some improved variants, your Infiniti Q60 will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Infiniti Q60: Positive aspects and down sides
Although this system has significant positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are on the other hand some down sides to having a start and stop on Infiniti Q60 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Infiniti Q60. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to profit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . At last, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Infiniti Q60. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Infiniti Q60?
Now let’s proceed to the component you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Infiniti Q60? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may want to disable this system, which can be bothersome or you may feel that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Infiniti Q60 . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two main techniques for turning off the start and stop on Infiniti Q60:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this technique necessitates you to redo the treatment every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Infiniti Q60 is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Infiniti Q60 is switched on accidentally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In such a case, you can disable it by two different methods. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Infiniti Q60 presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Infiniti Q60
Concerning the different problems you might come across with the start and stop of your Infiniti Q60 . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Infiniti Q60. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage to find out if there is a specific solution. Another problem experienced by Infiniti Q60 owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Infiniti Q60 does not work anymore , in this case, go to your mechanic to resolve this problem.
To get more tips on the Infiniti Q60, take a look at the Infiniti Q60 category.