Our vehicles profit from increasingly more technologies, generally speaking this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its advantages, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we find out bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is made to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Hyundai Genesis . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you understand how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated complications you may encounter with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Hyundai Genesis work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be included into recent automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Hyundai Genesis and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is principally relevant in an urban environment. In fact, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved versions, your Hyundai Genesis will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Hyundai Genesis: Positive aspects and disadvantages
Although this system has serious advantages in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Hyundai Genesis .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Hyundai Genesis. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to benefit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . At last, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Hyundai Genesis. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Hyundai Genesis?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most interested in, how to deactivate, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Hyundai Genesis? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may need to deactivate this system, which can be annoying or you may feel that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Hyundai Genesis . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two most important techniques for turning off the start and stop on Hyundai Genesis:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this approach necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Hyundai Genesis is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Hyundai Genesis is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Hyundai Genesis believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Hyundai Genesis
Concerning the different complications you might come across with the start and stop of your Hyundai Genesis . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Hyundai Genesis. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage area to find out if there is a specific remedy. Another problem encountered by Hyundai Genesis owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Hyundai Genesis does not work anymore , in this case, go to your mechanic to correct this problem.
To get more tips on the Hyundai Genesis, take a look at the Hyundai Genesis category.