Our automobiles benefit from increasingly more technologies, most of the time this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but also has some disadvantages, with it, we see bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is designed to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Honda Ridgeline . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring problems you may encountered with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Honda Ridgeline work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be incorporated into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Honda Ridgeline and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its effectiveness is specifically important in an urban environment. Indeed, automobiles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some improved versions, your Honda Ridgeline will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Honda Ridgeline: Pros and disadvantages
Nevertheless this system has real positive aspects in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Honda Ridgeline .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Honda Ridgeline. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to benefit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Honda Ridgeline. you will have to buy or change your battery more generally,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Honda Ridgeline?
Now let’s proceed to the component you’re probably most keen on, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Honda Ridgeline? .
Based on how you use your car, you may desire to disable this system, which can be annoying or you may experience that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Honda Ridgeline . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Honda Ridgeline:
- The traditional method: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this method needs you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Honda Ridgeline is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Honda Ridgeline is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second method you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Honda Ridgeline presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Honda Ridgeline
Concerning the different concerns you might encountered with the start and stop of your Honda Ridgeline . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Honda Ridgeline. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage area to see if there is a specific remedy. Another problem encountered by Honda Ridgeline owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Honda Ridgeline does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to solve this issue.
To find more tips on the Honda Ridgeline, take a look at the Honda Ridgeline category.