Our cars benefit from more and more technologies, most of the time this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its advantages, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we discover bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is designed to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may come across problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Genesis G80 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you discover how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Genesis G80 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be incorporated into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Genesis G80 and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is mainly important in an urban environment. Indeed, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some superior variants, your Genesis G80 will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Genesis G80: Positive aspects and disadvantages
Although this system has real advantages in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are on the other hand some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Genesis G80 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a mainly urban use of your Genesis G80. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Genesis G80. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Genesis G80?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most enthusiastic about, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Genesis G80? .
Depending on how you use your vehicle, you may need to disable this system, which can be irritating or you may experience that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Genesis G80 . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Genesis G80:
- The traditional method: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this method necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Genesis G80 is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Genesis G80 is switched on accidentally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can disconnect it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second method you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Genesis G80 think that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Genesis G80
Concerning the different concerns you might encountered with the start and stop of your Genesis G80 . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen way , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Genesis G80. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your garage to discover if there is a particular remedy. Another problem encountered by Genesis G80 owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Genesis G80 does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your mechanic to solve this issue.
If you need more guides on the Genesis G80, go to our Genesis G80 category.