Our automobiles benefit from more and more technologies, generally this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its advantages, but as well has some cons, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Ford Fiesta . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you discover how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring problems you may encounter with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Ford Fiesta work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be integrated into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Ford Fiesta and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is principally important in an urban environment. In fact, automobiles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some improved versions, your Ford Fiesta will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Ford Fiesta: Positive aspects and cons
Nevertheless this system has serious advantages in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are however some cons to having a start and stop on Ford Fiesta .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Ford Fiesta. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to benefit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . Finally, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Ford Fiesta. you will have to buy or change your battery more generally,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Ford Fiesta?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most enthusiastic about, how to turn off, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Ford Fiesta? .
Depending on how you use your vehicle, you may need to turn off this system, which can be annoying or you may experience that your starter is experiencing premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Ford Fiesta . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Ford Fiesta:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this approach necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Ford Fiesta is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Ford Fiesta is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can disable it by two different ways. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Ford Fiesta presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Ford Fiesta
Concerning the different complications you might encounter with the start and stop of your Ford Fiesta . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Ford Fiesta. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your mechanic to see if there is a specific remedy. Another problem experienced by Ford Fiesta owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Ford Fiesta does not work anymore , in this case, go to your motor mechanic to resolve this problem.
If you want more guides on the Ford Fiesta, go to our Ford Fiesta category.