Our cars benefit from increasingly more technologies, generally this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but as well has some cons, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is meant to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Fiat Bravo 2 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Fiat Bravo 2 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be integrated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Fiat Bravo 2 and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is specifically relevant in an urban environment. In fact, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with included starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some improved versions, your Fiat Bravo 2 will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Fiat Bravo 2: Pros and cons
Although this system has real pros in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are however some cons to having a start and stop on Fiat Bravo 2 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Fiat Bravo 2. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to benefit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Fiat Bravo 2. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Fiat Bravo 2?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Fiat Bravo 2? .
Based on how you use your car, you may desire to disable this system, which can be frustrating or you may experience that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Fiat Bravo 2 . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two main techniques for turning off the start and stop on Fiat Bravo 2:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this technique requires you to redo the treatment every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Fiat Bravo 2 is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Fiat Bravo 2 is switched on accidentally, or that it does not match the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Fiat Bravo 2 presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Fiat Bravo 2
Concerning the different problems you might encounter with the start and stop of your Fiat Bravo 2 . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Fiat Bravo 2. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your mechanic to discover if there is a specific solution. Another problem encountered by Fiat Bravo 2 owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Fiat Bravo 2 does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to resolve this issue.
To discover more tips on the Fiat Bravo 2, take a look at the Fiat Bravo 2 category.