Our cars benefit from increasingly more technologies, most of the time this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but also has some down sides, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Dodge Nitro . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you figure out how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may encountered with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Dodge Nitro work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be included into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Dodge Nitro and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is specifically relevant in an urban environment. Indeed, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with included starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some improved versions, your Dodge Nitro will even be able to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Dodge Nitro: Positive aspects and down sides
Although this system has serious pros in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some down sides to having a start and stop on Dodge Nitro .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Dodge Nitro. You will too. Furthermore, you will be able to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Dodge Nitro. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Dodge Nitro?
Now let’s proceed to the component you’re probably most interested in, how to turn off, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Dodge Nitro? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may need to turn off this system, which can be frustrating or you may experience that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Dodge Nitro . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Dodge Nitro:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this approach necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Dodge Nitro is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Dodge Nitro is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not match the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can deactivate it by two different ways. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Dodge Nitro presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to preserve your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Dodge Nitro
Concerning the different concerns you might come across with the start and stop of your Dodge Nitro . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen way , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Dodge Nitro. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your mechanic to discover if there is a particular remedy. Another problem encountered by Dodge Nitro owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have realized that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Dodge Nitro does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to solve this issue.
To get more tips on the Dodge Nitro, take a look at the Dodge Nitro category.