Our automobiles benefit from increasingly more technologies, in most cases this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but also has some down sides, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is made to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Citroen C-zero . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring problems you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Citroen C-zero work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be incorporated into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Citroen C-zero and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is specifically relevant in an urban environment. Obviously, automobiles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved variants, your Citroen C-zero will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Citroen C-zero: Pros and down sides
Nevertheless this system has fair pros in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some down sides to having a start and stop on Citroen C-zero .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Citroen C-zero. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to benefit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . At last, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Citroen C-zero. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Citroen C-zero?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most keen on, how to deactivate, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Citroen C-zero? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may want to deactivate this system, which can be bothersome or you may feel that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Citroen C-zero . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Citroen C-zero:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this approach requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Citroen C-zero is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Citroen C-zero is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not match the use you have of your vehicle. In such a case, you can disable it by two different ways. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Citroen C-zero presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Citroen C-zero
Concerning the different problems you might encounter with the start and stop of your Citroen C-zero . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Citroen C-zero. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your mechanic to see if there is a specific solution. Another problem experienced by Citroen C-zero owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have realized that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Citroen C-zero does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your mechanic to resolve this problem.
If you have any further questions about the Citroen C-zero, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C-zero category.