Our vehicles profit from increasingly more technologies, generally this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some disadvantages, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Audi Q5 . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may come across with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Audi Q5 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be incorporated into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Audi Q5 and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is principally important in an urban environment. In actual fact, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved versions, your Audi Q5 will even be able to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Audi Q5: Positive aspects and disadvantages
Although this system has fair positive aspects in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Audi Q5 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Audi Q5. You will too. Furthermore, you will be able to benefit from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . Finally, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Audi Q5. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Audi Q5?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most keen on, how to turn off, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Audi Q5? .
Depending on how you use your vehicle, you may need to turn off this system, which can be bothersome or you may feel that your starter is experiencing premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Audi Q5 . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two most important techniques for turning off the start and stop on Audi Q5:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this technique necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Audi Q5 is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Audi Q5 is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can disconnect it by two different methods. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Audi Q5 believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to preserve your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Audi Q5
Concerning the different concerns you might encounter with the start and stop of your Audi Q5 . It is possible that this is activated in an unforeseen technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Audi Q5. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your mechanic to see if there is a specific solution. Another problem encountered by Audi Q5 owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Audi Q5 does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your motor mechanic to correct this issue.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Audi Q5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Q5 category.