Having a car is handy, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And regrettably, we know perfectly, also the luckiest among us rarely fall through the cracks. On the other hand, between a vehicle that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the outcomes are going to be quite different. Nevertheless, a Nissan NV200 that doesn’t drive is tricky to move and the only treatment is often to tow it to the nearest garage area. In this article content we will explain how to tow a Nissan NV200, respecting the regulation and guaranteeing maximum safety. To achieve this, first we will take a look at the rules to follow when towing a Nissan NV200, then how to tow a Nissan NV200 yourself, and at last, the most sensible solution is to hire a professional to tow your car.
The rules to follow if you want to tow an Nissan NV200
It is in actual fact possible to tow your car. On the other hand, if you want to go into towing a Nissan NV200 you will have to follow some restrictions. We present them to you down below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, since the speed at which you will tow your Nissan NV200 may endanger yourself and other motorists if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not exceed 25 km/h, you must all the time stay in control of both automobiles, a high speed will not enable you to predict possible challenges and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to make certain that the Nissan NV200 and the car towing it are correctly lined up, to maintain a great behaviour.
- Switch on the warnings lights on both automobiles.
- If the Nissan NV200 being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate plugged into the first car so that you can notify the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Nissan NV200 by yourself
Now that you have learned the basic rules for securely towing a Nissan NV200, we will learn you the different methods to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Nissan NV200, as ropes, straps or other products are not suitable and will only risk you having an incident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing car. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Nissan NV200, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Examine that you have two towing rings on the automobiles, which will allow you to ttach them together with the tow bar.
- Examine that the towing car is heavier than the car to be towed.
- Have efficient signalling on the Nissan NV200 to be towed.
These are the rules to follow if you want to tow your Nissan NV200. On the other hand bear in mind that this solution should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we encourage you to examine the following section.
Have your Nissan NV200 towed by a professional
To conclude, last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Nissan NV200 in good conditions, it remains the most reasonable method, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This might sound like an expensive option, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services at no cost. Here are the details to check on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is in accordance with the mileage shown in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Examine that the problems you are being confronted with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- Finally, check the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the information you need to tow your Nissan NV200 in good conditions.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Nissan NV200, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan NV200 category.