Having a vehicle is helpful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And unfortunately, we know perfectly, even the luckiest among us rarely fall through the cracks. Nevertheless, between a vehicle that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the outcomes are going to be quite different. Whatever the case, a Lexus RX that doesn’t drive is complex to move and the only treatment is often to tow it to the closest garage area. In this article we will teach you how to tow a Lexus RX, respecting the laws and guaranteeing maximum safety. To achieve this, first we will look at the rules to follow when towing a Lexus RX, then how to tow a Lexus RX yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a professional to tow your car.
The rules to follow if you want to tow an Lexus RX
It is obviously possible to tow your automobile. Nevertheless, if you want to go into towing a Lexus RX you will have to follow some simple rules. We present them to you just below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, because the speed at which you will tow your Lexus RX may endanger yourself and other users if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not surpass 25 km/h, you must always stay in control of both vehicles, a high speed will not allow you to anticipate possible problems and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to be certain that the Lexus RX and the car towing it are properly aligned, to hold a good behaviour.
- Switch on the warnings lights on both vehicles.
- If the Lexus RX being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate associated with the first automobile so that you can warn the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Lexus RX by yourself
Now that you have found out the basic protocols for securely towing a Lexus RX, we will learn you the different ways to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Lexus RX, as ropes, straps or other products are not suitable and will only risk you having an accident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three types of existing tow bars to tow your Lexus RX, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Check that you have two towing rings on the vehicles, which will allow you to link them together with the tow bar.
- Check that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have functional signalling on the Lexus RX to be towed.
These are the protocols to follow if you want to tow your Lexus RX. Nevertheless bear in mind that this remedy should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we recommend you to browse the following section.
Have your Lexus RX towed by a professional
To conclude, last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Lexus RX in good conditions, it remains the most logical solution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This may be like an expensive choice, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services cost-free. Here are the points to examine on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is matching with the mileage included in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Check that the complications you are facing are well taken care of by your insurer.
- Finally, examine the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the info you need to tow your Lexus RX in good conditions.
If you wish more tutorials on the Lexus RX, go to our Lexus RX category.