Having an automobile is practical, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And sadly, we know perfectly, also the luckiest among us rarely fall through the cracks. On the other hand, between a vehicle that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the consequences are going to be quite different. Whatever the case, a Dodge Dart that doesn’t drive is tricky to move and the only treatment is often to tow it to the nearest garage. In this guideline we will explain how to tow a Dodge Dart, respecting the legislation and guaranteeing maximum safety. To do this, first we will examine the rules to adhere to when towing a Dodge Dart, then how to tow a Dodge Dart yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a specialist to tow your car.
The rules to adhere to if you want to tow an Dodge Dart
It is obviously possible to tow your vehicle. On the other hand, if you want to go into towing a Dodge Dart you will have to adhere to some simple rules. We present them to you below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, since the speed at which you will tow your Dodge Dart may endanger yourself and other motorists if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not exceed 25 km/h, you must always stay in control of both cars, a high speed will not let you to anticipate possible obstacles and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to ensure that that the Dodge Dart and the car towing it are correctly aligned, to keep a good behaviour.
- Turn on the warnings lights on both cars.
- If the Dodge Dart being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate associated with the first vehicle so that you can alert the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Dodge Dart by yourself
Now that you have found out the basic specifications for securely towing a Dodge Dart, we will teach you the different solutions to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Dodge Dart, as ropes, straps or other products are not suitable and will only risk you having an accident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing vehicle. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three types of existing tow bars to tow your Dodge Dart, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Examine that you have two towing rings on the cars, which will allow you to connect them together with the tow bar.
- Examine that the towing vehicle is heavier than the vehicle to be towed.
- Have functioning signalling on the Dodge Dart to be towed.
These are the restrictions to adhere to if you want to tow your Dodge Dart. On the other hand keep in mind that this solution should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we encourage you to read the following section.
Have your Dodge Dart towed by a specialist
To conclude, last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Dodge Dart in good conditions, it keeps the most reasonable solution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This may seem like an expensive option, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services absolutely free. Here are the details to examine on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is matching with the mileage shown in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Examine that the concerns you are being confronted with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- Finally, examine the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the info you need to tow your Dodge Dart in good conditions.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Dodge Dart, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Dart category.