Recent cars have a growing number of functionnalities and although they bring us a lot of comfort, some of them are not all the time convenient to use. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volvo S90, dependent on its functionnalities, it can be difficult to figure out how to start a Volvo S90? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem self evident to most of you, according to the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. Today we will show you the different methods to start a Volvo S90 with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Volvo S90 with a card, and finally, without using the key.
How to start a Volvo S90 with key?
So we commence our article content which is designed to show you how to start a Volvo S90, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find below the various guidelines to be executed to turn on the engine of your Volvo S90:
- Distinguish the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is in most cases on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our article content on the steering wheel blocked on Volvo S90 that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t hesitate to have a look at our article content on orange lights on Volvo S90 to know the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volvo S90 starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Volvo S90,
How to start a Volvo S90 with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Volvo S90 with key or will show you you how to do it for a Volvo S90 equipped with a key card and not a key. The procedure is still roughly similar, so don’t hesitate to return to the previous part to get details on each of the steps to do. Discover down below the actions to follow to start your Volvo S90 with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, verify on your dashboard if your Volvo S90 is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is usually located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is usually placed on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volvo S90
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volvo S90
How do I start a Volvo S90 without a key?
And finally, we will see, how to start a Volvo S90 without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Volvo S90 is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volvo S90).
There, you’ve discovered all the methods to start a Volvo S90.
If you have any additional questions about the Volvo S90, do not hesitate to consult our Volvo S90 category.