Modern cars have a growing number of options and despite the fact they give us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not all the time simple to use. Whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volkswagen Rabbit, according to its options, it can be challenging to know precisely how to start a Volkswagen Rabbit? Even if this imperative act of running a car may seem evident to many of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. Today we will demonstrate the distinct ways to start a Volkswagen Rabbit with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Volkswagen Rabbit with a card, and to conclude, without using the key.
How to start a Volkswagen Rabbit with key?
So we begin our article which is designed to show you how to start a Volkswagen Rabbit, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find under the different guidelines to be done to turn on the engine of your Volkswagen Rabbit:
- Identify the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is generally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to read our article on the steering wheel blocked on Volkswagen Rabbit that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they signify don’t think twice to read our article on orange lights on Volkswagen Rabbit to know the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volkswagen Rabbit starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Volkswagen Rabbit,
How to start a Volkswagen Rabbit with the key card?
After finding out about how to turn on the engine of a Volkswagen Rabbit with key or will demonstrate you how to do it for a Volkswagen Rabbit equipped with a key card and not a key. The method is roughly similar, so don’t think twice to return to the previous part to get information on each of the steps to do. Discover down below the guidelines to follow to start your Volkswagen Rabbit with a card:
- Depending on the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, examine on your dashboard if your Volkswagen Rabbit is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is in most cases located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is in most cases positioned on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volkswagen Rabbit
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volkswagen Rabbit
How do I start a Volkswagen Rabbit without a key?
And to conclude, we will find out, how to start a Volkswagen Rabbit without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Volkswagen Rabbit is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to turn on it without a key because of all the security devices present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and find among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volkswagen Rabbit).
There, you’ve learned all the techniques to start a Volkswagen Rabbit.
If you want more guides on the Volkswagen Rabbit, go to our Volkswagen Rabbit category.