Modern vehicles have an increasing number of features and although they give us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not all the time simple to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volkswagen Polo 5, according to its features, it can be challenging to understand how to start a Volkswagen Polo 5? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem like common sense to most of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. In this article we will demonstrate the distinct procedures to start a Volkswagen Polo 5 with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Volkswagen Polo 5 with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Volkswagen Polo 5 with key?
So we commence our content which is designed to show you how to start a Volkswagen Polo 5, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find listed below the various measures to be carried out to turn on the engine of your Volkswagen Polo 5:
- Discern the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is most of the time on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to read our content on the steering wheel blocked on Volkswagen Polo 5 that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Check that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they indicate don’t be reluctant to read our content on orange lights on Volkswagen Polo 5 to find out the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volkswagen Polo 5 starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Volkswagen Polo 5,
How to start a Volkswagen Polo 5 with the key card?
After discovering how to turn on the engine of a Volkswagen Polo 5 with key or will demonstrate you how to do it for a Volkswagen Polo 5 equipped with a key card and not a key. The technique is still roughly alike, so don’t be reluctant to return to the previous section to get information on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the steps to adhere to to start your Volkswagen Polo 5 with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Volkswagen Polo 5 is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is commonly based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly placed on the centre console.
- Check that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volkswagen Polo 5
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volkswagen Polo 5
How do I start a Volkswagen Polo 5 without a key?
And to finish, we will find out, how to start a Volkswagen Polo 5 without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. However, you should know that if your Volkswagen Polo 5 is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security equipment present on it. As expected, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volkswagen Polo 5).
There, you’ve discovered all the solutions to start a Volkswagen Polo 5.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Polo 5, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo 5 category.