Contemporary cars have an increasing number of options and although they provide us a lot of comfort, some of them are not always easy to use. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volkswagen Caddy, depending on its options, it can be challenging to know precisely how to start a Volkswagen Caddy? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem very clear to many of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. In this article we will show you the different procedures to start a Volkswagen Caddy with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Volkswagen Caddy with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Volkswagen Caddy with key?
So we start our article content which is designed to learn you how to start a Volkswagen Caddy, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find down below the various guidelines to be done to turn on the engine of your Volkswagen Caddy:
- Distinguish the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is most of the time on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our article content on the steering wheel blocked on Volkswagen Caddy that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they indicate don’t hesitate to have a look at our article content on orange lights on Volkswagen Caddy to discover the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volkswagen Caddy starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Volkswagen Caddy,
How to start a Volkswagen Caddy with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Volkswagen Caddy with key or will describe you how to do it for a Volkswagen Caddy equipped with a key card and not a key. The process is pretty much the same, so don’t hesitate to go back to the previous section to get details on each of the steps to do. Discover listed below the actions to adhere to to start your Volkswagen Caddy with a card:
- Dependent on the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, verify on your dashboard if your Volkswagen Caddy is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is generally based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally situated on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volkswagen Caddy
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volkswagen Caddy
How do I start a Volkswagen Caddy without a key?
And to finish, we will see, how to start a Volkswagen Caddy without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. However, you should know that if your Volkswagen Caddy is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security systems present on it. Of course, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the method to stick to:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and find among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volkswagen Caddy).
There, you’ve found out all the ways to start a Volkswagen Caddy.
If you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Caddy, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Caddy category.