Contemporary cars have a growing number of functionnalities and nevertheless they provide us a lot of convenience, some of them are not always user friendly. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Volkswagen Beetle, depending on its functionnalities, it can be complicated to understand how to start a Volkswagen Beetle? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem like common sense to many of you, dependent on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. In this article we will teach you the different ways to start a Volkswagen Beetle with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Volkswagen Beetle with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Volkswagen Beetle with key?
So we commence our article which is meant to show you how to start a Volkswagen Beetle, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find listed below the various measures to be executed to turn on the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle:
- Distinguish the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is generally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to have a look at our article on the steering wheel blocked on Volkswagen Beetle that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t be reluctant to have a look at our article on orange lights on Volkswagen Beetle to discover the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Volkswagen Beetle starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Volkswagen Beetle,
How to start a Volkswagen Beetle with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Volkswagen Beetle with key or will explain you how to do it for a Volkswagen Beetle equipped with a key card and not a key. The technique is still roughly alike, so don’t be reluctant to return to the previous part to have details on each of the steps to do. Discover below the actions to stick to to start your Volkswagen Beetle with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, examine on your dashboard if your Volkswagen Beetle is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is generally based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally located on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Volkswagen Beetle
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Volkswagen Beetle
How do I start a Volkswagen Beetle without a key?
And to finish, we will see, how to start a Volkswagen Beetle without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem logical. However, you should know that if your Volkswagen Beetle is newer than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to turn on it without a key because of all the security systems present on it. Obviously, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to carry out:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Volkswagen Beetle).
There, you’ve learned all the solutions to start a Volkswagen Beetle.
If you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Beetle, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Beetle category.