Recent cars have an increasing number of options and nevertheless they give us a lot of convenience, a lot of them are not all the time easy to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Toyota C-hr, according to its options, it can be hard to figure out how to start a Toyota C-hr? Even if this imperative act of running a car may seem obvious to many of you, depending on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. Today we will demonstrate the several procedures to start a Toyota C-hr with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Toyota C-hr with a card, and at last, without using the key.
How to start a Toyota C-hr with key?
So we commence our content which is meant to teach you how to start a Toyota C-hr, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find below the different measures to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Toyota C-hr:
- Identify the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is most frequently on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to consult our content on the steering wheel blocked on Toyota C-hr that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they mean don’t be reluctant to consult our content on orange lights on Toyota C-hr to learn the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Toyota C-hr starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Toyota C-hr,
How to start a Toyota C-hr with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Toyota C-hr with key or will explain you how to do it for a Toyota C-hr equipped with a key card and not a key. The procedure remains roughly alike, so don’t be reluctant to go back to the previous part to have information on each of the steps to do. Discover below the actions to follow to start your Toyota C-hr with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Toyota C-hr is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is usually located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is usually located on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Toyota C-hr
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Toyota C-hr
How do I start a Toyota C-hr without a key?
And at last, we will see, how to start a Toyota C-hr without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Toyota C-hr is newer than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to start it without a key because of all the security devices present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the technique to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make lengthened contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Toyota C-hr).
There, you’ve learned all the solutions to start a Toyota C-hr.
To get more tips on the Toyota C-hr, take a look at the Toyota C-hr category.