Modern vehicles have a growing number of options and nevertheless they give us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not all the time simple to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Mercedes Benz Sprinter, depending on its options, it can be hard to figure out how to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter? Even if this imperative act of running a car may seem evident to many of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. On this webpage we will teach you the several methods to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter with key?
So we begin our content which is meant to learn you how to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find listed below the various steps to be carried out to turn on the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter:
- Discern the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is in most instances on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to browse our content on the steering wheel blocked on Mercedes Benz Sprinter that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Check that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they signify don’t think twice to browse our content on orange lights on Mercedes Benz Sprinter to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Mercedes Benz Sprinter starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Mercedes Benz Sprinter,
How to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter with the key card?
After finding out about how to turn on the engine of a Mercedes Benz Sprinter with key or will explain you how to do it for a Mercedes Benz Sprinter equipped with a key card and not a key. The procedure is roughly similar, so don’t think twice to return to the previous part to get information on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the steps to adhere to to start your Mercedes Benz Sprinter with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a specific slot, examine on your dashboard if your Mercedes Benz Sprinter is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is commonly based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly located on the centre console.
- Check that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
How do I start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter without a key?
And to finish, we will discover, how to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Mercedes Benz Sprinter is more modern than the mid 90’s it will be hard to turn on it without a key because of all the security devices present on it. Of course, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to stick to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Mercedes Benz Sprinter).
There, you’ve learned all the solutions to start a Mercedes Benz Sprinter.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter, take a look at the Mercedes Benz Sprinter category.