Modern cars have a growing number of options and despite the fact they bring us a lot of convenience, some of them are not all the time simple to operate. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Mercedes Benz GLS Class, according to its options, it can be challenging to figure out how to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem very clear to many of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less simple to do so. In this article we will demonstrate the different ways to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Mercedes Benz GLS Class with a card, and finally, without using the key.
How to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class with key?
So we start our content which is meant to teach you how to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find down below the different measures to be executed to turn on the engine of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class:
- Discern the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is in most cases on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our content on the steering wheel blocked on Mercedes Benz GLS Class that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Check that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they indicate don’t hesitate to have a look at our content on orange lights on Mercedes Benz GLS Class to learn the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Mercedes Benz GLS Class starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Mercedes Benz GLS Class,
How to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class with key or will explain you how to do it for a Mercedes Benz GLS Class equipped with a key card and not a key. The process remains more or less alike, so don’t hesitate to get back to the previous part to have details on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the guidelines to adhere to to start your Mercedes Benz GLS Class with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a dedicated slot, verify on your dashboard if your Mercedes Benz GLS Class is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is generally located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally placed on the centre console.
- Check that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Mercedes Benz GLS Class
How do I start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class without a key?
And finally, we will see, how to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem logical. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Mercedes Benz GLS Class is newer than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to start it without a key because of all the security equipment present on it. Of course, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the technique to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Mercedes Benz GLS Class).
There, you’ve discovered all the solutions to start a Mercedes Benz GLS Class.
If you need more guides on the Mercedes Benz GLS Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GLS Class category.