Modern vehicles have more and more functionnalities and even though they bring us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not always simple to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Lexus NX, dependent on its functionnalities, it can be difficult to know precisely how to start a Lexus NX? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem evident to many of you, dependent on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. In this article we will demonstrate the different procedures to start a Lexus NX with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Lexus NX with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Lexus NX with key?
So we start our content which aims to learn you how to start a Lexus NX, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find below the various guidelines to be done to turn on the engine of your Lexus NX:
- Discover the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is in most cases on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to read our content on the steering wheel blocked on Lexus NX that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they signify don’t think twice to read our content on orange lights on Lexus NX to find out the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Lexus NX starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Lexus NX,
How to start a Lexus NX with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Lexus NX with key or will explain you how to do it for a Lexus NX equipped with a key card and not a key. The operation is still pretty much alike, so don’t think twice to go back to the previous part to have details on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the actions to adhere to to start your Lexus NX with a card:
- Dependent on the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Lexus NX is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is in most cases based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is in most cases located on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Lexus NX
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Lexus NX
How do I start a Lexus NX without a key?
And to finish, we will find out, how to start a Lexus NX without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Lexus NX is more modern than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to start it without a key because of all the security equipment present on it. As expected, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the method to carry out:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and find among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Lexus NX).
There, you’ve found out all the methods to start a Lexus NX.
If you wish more tutorials on the Lexus NX, go to our Lexus NX category.