Modern automobiles have a growing number of features and although they give us a lot of comfort, some of them are not always easy to use. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Jeep Patriot, depending on its features, it can be tricky to know precisely how to start a Jeep Patriot? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem very clear to many of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. In this article we will show you the several techniques to start a Jeep Patriot with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Jeep Patriot with a card, and at last, without using the key.
How to start a Jeep Patriot with key?
So we start our content which aims to show you how to start a Jeep Patriot, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find below the various measures to be executed to turn on the engine of your Jeep Patriot:
- Determine the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is in most instances on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our content on the steering wheel blocked on Jeep Patriot that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they mean don’t hesitate to have a look at our content on orange lights on Jeep Patriot to discover the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Jeep Patriot starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Jeep Patriot,
How to start a Jeep Patriot with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Jeep Patriot with key or will show you you how to do it for a Jeep Patriot equipped with a key card and not a key. The process is still more or less similar, so don’t hesitate to return back to the previous section to have information on each of the steps to do. Discover below the guidelines to stick to to start your Jeep Patriot with a card:
- Dependent on the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Jeep Patriot is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is usually placed at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is usually placed on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Jeep Patriot
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Jeep Patriot
How do I start a Jeep Patriot without a key?
And at last, we will see, how to start a Jeep Patriot without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem logical. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Jeep Patriot is newer than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to start it without a key because of all the security systems present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the technique to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Jeep Patriot).
There, you’ve discovered all the techniques to start a Jeep Patriot.
If you need more guides on the Jeep Patriot, go to our Jeep Patriot category.