Recent cars have a growing number of features and despite the fact they provide us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not all the time simple to use. Regardless you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Honda Odyssey, depending on its features, it can be difficult to understand how to start a Honda Odyssey? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem self evident to many of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. In this article we will teach you the several procedures to start a Honda Odyssey with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Honda Odyssey with a card, and finally, without using the key.
How to start a Honda Odyssey with key?
So we commence our content page which is designed to learn you how to start a Honda Odyssey, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find listed below the various steps to be carried out to turn on the engine of your Honda Odyssey:
- Discover the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is in most cases on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to read our content page on the steering wheel blocked on Honda Odyssey that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Check that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t think twice to read our content page on orange lights on Honda Odyssey to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Honda Odyssey starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Honda Odyssey,
How to start a Honda Odyssey with the key card?
After discovering how to turn on the engine of a Honda Odyssey with key or will teach you you how to do it for a Honda Odyssey equipped with a key card and not a key. The operation is still pretty much alike, so don’t think twice to return to the previous part to have details on each of the steps to do. Discover listed below the steps to follow to start your Honda Odyssey with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, verify on your dashboard if your Honda Odyssey is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is commonly based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly placed on the centre console.
- Check that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Honda Odyssey
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Honda Odyssey
How do I start a Honda Odyssey without a key?
And finally, we will see, how to start a Honda Odyssey without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Honda Odyssey is newer than the mid 90’s it will be hard to start it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Obviously, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the technique to carry out:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make lengthened contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Honda Odyssey).
There, you’ve learned all the methods to start a Honda Odyssey.
If you have any additional questions about the Honda Odyssey, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Odyssey category.