Recent cars have a growing number of options and although they bring us a lot of convenience, a lot of them are not all the time convenient to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Fiat Idea, depending on its options, it can be challenging to know precisely how to start a Fiat Idea? Even if this imperative act of running a car may seem obvious to many of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. On this webpage we will show you the several procedures to start a Fiat Idea with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Fiat Idea with a card, and to conclude, without using the key.
How to start a Fiat Idea with key?
So we start our article which is meant to learn you how to start a Fiat Idea, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find listed below the various guidelines to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Fiat Idea:
- Find the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is almost always on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not think twice to read our article on the steering wheel blocked on Fiat Idea that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they indicate don’t think twice to read our article on orange lights on Fiat Idea to know the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Fiat Idea starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Fiat Idea,
How to start a Fiat Idea with the key card?
After discovering how to turn on the engine of a Fiat Idea with key or will demonstrate you how to do it for a Fiat Idea equipped with a key card and not a key. The operation remains roughly alike, so don’t think twice to go back to the previous part to have details on each of the steps to do. Discover listed below the steps to adhere to to start your Fiat Idea with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, check on your dashboard if your Fiat Idea is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is commonly located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly positioned on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Fiat Idea
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Fiat Idea
How do I start a Fiat Idea without a key?
And to conclude, we will discover, how to start a Fiat Idea without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem logical. Even so, you should know that if your Fiat Idea is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be difficult to start it without a key because of all the security systems present on it. Obviously, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the method to carry out:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Fiat Idea).
There, you’ve discovered all the options to start a Fiat Idea.
If you wish more tutorials on the Fiat Idea, go to our Fiat Idea category.