Modern cars have a growing number of functionnalities and although they provide us a lot of convenience, some of them are not all the time simple to use. Whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Dodge Ram, according to its functionnalities, it can be challenging to figure out how to start a Dodge Ram? Even if this imperative act of running a car may seem self evident to most of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less simple to do so. In this article we will teach you the distinct techniques to start a Dodge Ram with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Dodge Ram with a card, and to conclude, without using the key.
How to start a Dodge Ram with key?
So we begin our content page which is meant to show you how to start a Dodge Ram, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find below the various guidelines to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Dodge Ram:
- Find the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is generally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to read our content page on the steering wheel blocked on Dodge Ram that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights turn off, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t hesitate to read our content page on orange lights on Dodge Ram to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Dodge Ram starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Dodge Ram,
How to start a Dodge Ram with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Dodge Ram with key or will describe you how to do it for a Dodge Ram equipped with a key card and not a key. The method remains more or less the same, so don’t hesitate to return back to the previous section to have information on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the steps to stick to to start your Dodge Ram with a card:
- Dependant upon the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, examine on your dashboard if your Dodge Ram is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is commonly located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly positioned on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Dodge Ram
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Dodge Ram
How do I start a Dodge Ram without a key?
And to conclude, we will discover, how to start a Dodge Ram without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this could seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Dodge Ram is more modern than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the process to carry out:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Dodge Ram).
There, you’ve learned all the methods to start a Dodge Ram.
To discover more tips on the Dodge Ram, take a look at the Dodge Ram category.