Modern vehicles have more and more features and even though they bring us a lot of convenience, a lot of them are not always simple to use. No matter you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Dodge Charger, dependent on its features, it can be difficult to understand how to start a Dodge Charger? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem very clear to most of you, depending on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. In this article we will demonstrate the different methods to start a Dodge Charger with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Dodge Charger with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Dodge Charger with key?
So we begin our content which aims to show you how to start a Dodge Charger, which is equipped with a classic key start. Find listed below the different steps to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Dodge Charger:
- Find the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is normally on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to consult our content on the steering wheel blocked on Dodge Charger that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights disappear, if you don’t know what they suggest don’t hesitate to consult our content on orange lights on Dodge Charger to find out the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Dodge Charger starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it rest a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Dodge Charger,
How to start a Dodge Charger with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Dodge Charger with key or will teach you you how to do it for a Dodge Charger equipped with a key card and not a key. The procedure is more or less alike, so don’t hesitate to get back to the previous section to have details on each of the steps to do. Learn listed below the actions to stick to to start your Dodge Charger with a card:
- Dependant upon the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, check on your dashboard if your Dodge Charger is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is commonly based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly positioned on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Dodge Charger
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Dodge Charger
How do I start a Dodge Charger without a key?
And to finish, we will find out, how to start a Dodge Charger without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Dodge Charger is newer than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to start it without a key because of all the security systems present on it. Obviously, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Remove the cover that covers your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Dodge Charger).
There, you’ve discovered all the techniques to start a Dodge Charger.
To discover more tips on the Dodge Charger, take a look at the Dodge Charger category.