Recent automobiles have a growing number of features and even though they give us a lot of convenience, a lot of them are not always easy to use. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Citroen Nemo, dependent on its features, it can be challenging to know precisely how to start a Citroen Nemo? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem evident to most of you, determined by the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less elementary to do so. In this article we will show you the distinct methods to start a Citroen Nemo with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Citroen Nemo with a card, and at last, without using the key.
How to start a Citroen Nemo with key?
So we start our content page which is designed to teach you how to start a Citroen Nemo, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find below the different guidelines to be executed to turn on the engine of your Citroen Nemo:
- Distinguish the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is almost always on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to read our content page on the steering wheel blocked on Citroen Nemo that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Insert the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn until you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they indicate don’t be reluctant to read our content page on orange lights on Citroen Nemo to learn the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Citroen Nemo starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Citroen Nemo,
How to start a Citroen Nemo with the key card?
After discovering how to turn on the engine of a Citroen Nemo with key or will explain you how to do it for a Citroen Nemo equipped with a key card and not a key. The procedure is roughly similar, so don’t be reluctant to return to the previous part to have details on each of the steps to do. Learn listed below the steps to stick to to start your Citroen Nemo with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a specific slot, check on your dashboard if your Citroen Nemo is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Locate the “start” button, which is generally located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally situated on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Citroen Nemo
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Citroen Nemo
How do I start a Citroen Nemo without a key?
And at last, we will find out, how to start a Citroen Nemo without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem obvious. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Citroen Nemo is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be hard to turn on it without a key because of all the security equipment present on it. Of course, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the technique to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Citroen Nemo).
There, you’ve discovered all the techniques to start a Citroen Nemo.
If you want more guides on the Citroen Nemo, go to our Citroen Nemo category.