Recent automobiles have an increasing number of options and even though they bring us a lot of comfort, some of them are not all the time simple to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Citroen Berlingo 2, depending on its options, it can be difficult to understand how to start a Citroen Berlingo 2? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem self evident to most of you, dependant upon the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. In this article we will show you the several ways to start a Citroen Berlingo 2 with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Citroen Berlingo 2 with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Citroen Berlingo 2 with key?
So we begin our article content which is designed to show you how to start a Citroen Berlingo 2, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find under the various steps to be carried out to turn on the engine of your Citroen Berlingo 2:
- Find the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is in most cases on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to browse our article content on the steering wheel blocked on Citroen Berlingo 2 that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they signify don’t be reluctant to browse our article content on orange lights on Citroen Berlingo 2 to discover the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Citroen Berlingo 2 starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds or you risk harming it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Citroen Berlingo 2,
How to start a Citroen Berlingo 2 with the key card?
After finding out about how to turn on the engine of a Citroen Berlingo 2 with key or will show you you how to do it for a Citroen Berlingo 2 equipped with a key card and not a key. The method is still pretty much alike, so don’t be reluctant to return back to the previous part to get details on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the actions to stick to to start your Citroen Berlingo 2 with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to insert the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Citroen Berlingo 2 is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, or you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is commonly based at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly located on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Citroen Berlingo 2
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Citroen Berlingo 2
How do I start a Citroen Berlingo 2 without a key?
And to finish, we will see, how to start a Citroen Berlingo 2 without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem logical. Even so, you should know that if your Citroen Berlingo 2 is newer than the mid 90’s it will be difficult to start it without a key because of all the security equipment present on it. Naturally, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them together and separate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the procedure). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Citroen Berlingo 2).
There, you’ve discovered all the ways to start a Citroen Berlingo 2.
If you need more tutorials on the Citroen Berlingo 2, go to our Citroen Berlingo 2 category.