Recent cars have a growing number of functionnalities and although they bring us a lot of convenience, some of them are not always user friendly. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Chrysler 200, according to its functionnalities, it can be hard to figure out how to start a Chrysler 200? Even if this essential act of running a car may seem self evident to most of you, depending on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. On this webpage we will show you the different procedures to start a Chrysler 200 with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Chrysler 200 with a card, and to conclude, without using the key.
How to start a Chrysler 200 with key?
So we begin our article which aims to teach you how to start a Chrysler 200, which is furnished with a classic key start. Find down below the different steps to be executed to turn on the engine of your Chrysler 200:
- Identify the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is almost always on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to read our article on the steering wheel blocked on Chrysler 200 that is blocked to learn how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they mean don’t hesitate to read our article on orange lights on Chrysler 200 to find out the explanation for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Chrysler 200 starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk damaging it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Chrysler 200,
How to start a Chrysler 200 with the key card?
After finding out about how to turn on the engine of a Chrysler 200 with key or will teach you you how to do it for a Chrysler 200 equipped with a key card and not a key. The technique is roughly similar, so don’t hesitate to go back to the previous part to get details on each of the steps to do. Learn down below the actions to adhere to to start your Chrysler 200 with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a dedicated slot, examine on your dashboard if your Chrysler 200 is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is generally located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is generally located on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Chrysler 200
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Chrysler 200
How do I start a Chrysler 200 without a key?
And to conclude, we will discover, how to start a Chrysler 200 without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Chrysler 200 is more recent than the mid 90’s it will be difficult to turn on it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. Obviously, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the procedure to carry out:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them jointly and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the process). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Chrysler 200).
There, you’ve learned all the methods to start a Chrysler 200.
If you wish more tutorials on the Chrysler 200, go to our Chrysler 200 category.