Recent vehicles have more and more options and although they give us a lot of comfort, a lot of them are not always simple to use. Regardless whether you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Audi A4, depending on its options, it can be hard to understand how to start a Audi A4? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem self evident to most of you, according to the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less simple to do so. On this webpage we will teach you the several methods to start a Audi A4 with the key, then, in a second step, how to switch on a Audi A4 with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Audi A4 with key?
So we begin our content page which is designed to show you how to start a Audi A4, which is equipped with a classic key start. Find below the various measures to be accomplished to turn on the engine of your Audi A4:
- Discern the position of the neiman (hole in which the key is inserted), it is most of the time on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dash. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not be reluctant to consult our content page on the steering wheel blocked on Audi A4 that is blocked to discover how to unblock it.
- Put the key into this one.
- Verify that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn till you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Verify on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they indicate don’t be reluctant to consult our content page on orange lights on Audi A4 to learn the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Audi A4 starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it cool down a few tens of seconds before a new testing)
- That’s it. You managed to start your Audi A4,
How to start a Audi A4 with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Audi A4 with key or will describe you how to do it for a Audi A4 equipped with a key card and not a key. The technique remains roughly the same, so don’t be reluctant to get back to the previous section to get details on each of the steps to do. Discover below the guidelines to adhere to to start your Audi A4 with a card:
- According to the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a dedicated slot, check on your dashboard if your Audi A4 is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Find the “start” button, which is in most cases located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is in most cases located on the centre console.
- Verify that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Push the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Audi A4
- Push a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Audi A4
How do I start a Audi A4 without a key?
And to finish, we will discover, how to start a Audi A4 without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this might seem obvious. Even so, you should know that if your Audi A4 is more modern than the mid 90’s it will be complicated to start it without a key because of all the security devices present on it. Of course, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the method to follow:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and situate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- At last, strip the starter wire and connect it promptly with the battery wire (do not make extended contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Audi A4).
There, you’ve found out all the techniques to start a Audi A4.
To get more tips on the Audi A4, take a look at the Audi A4 category.